DePaoli Mosaic Company www.DePaoliMosaic.com p: 781 562 1596 © Laura Martin & DePaoli Mosaic Company 2015
HOME TERRAZZO INFORMATION ABOUT HISTORY NEWS GALLERY CONTACT

Our History

125 Years of Excellence & Counting

Today's DePaoli can trace roots back to 1890 with the founding of the DePaoli Mosaic Association.  The Association and installed Terrazzo flooring and marble mosaics throughout New England and New York.  During the late 19th and early 20th century, DePaoli Mosaic Association helped build modern Boston, installing Terrazzo at Boston City Hospital, Carney Hospital, and First Church of Christian Scientists, as well as at lesser known institutions like Holy Ghost Hospital for Incurables and the Highland Spring Brewery. Incorporated since 1919, DePaoli Mosaic Company continued a proud tradition by installing Terrazzo at such noteworthy landmarks as Faneuil Hall, Hatch Memorial Shell, Logan Airport, Harvard University, MIT, and Massachusetts General Hospital.  The Morgan family came to DePaoli Mosaic Company in 1947 when Walter F. Morgan, Sr. was employed by the company as the estimator.  Walter Sr. became a partner in 1966 and sole proprietor by 1971.  Walter "Fred" Morgan Jr., joined his father in 1972 and they shared a partners desk until Walter Sr.'s death in 1997.  Fred's daughter, Leslie Carrio, joined the business in 1998 and in 2009 Leslie became the majority owner.  In 2010 DePaoli Mosaic Company was certified as a WBE/DBE by the Supplier Diversity Office of the State of Massachusetts.
HISTORY